Overview of FiOS Program:
Verizon embarked on a multi-year, multi-billion dollar program that would effectively transform the company and the industry. Verizon wanted to stem market share and margin erosion by deploying fiber to the premises technology that would make the access network future proof. A game changer for the industry, this would provide incredible high-speed Internet access, all digital Pay-TV services and voice services. Since billions of dollars were riding on the successful execution of the program, it was a high stakes strategy with no margin for error.
What We Did:
It all starts with a good plan. BusinessOne was selected to assist in the development a Program Plan for rolling out video services, and then to manage key aspects of the implementation. Our consultants, in collaboration with client stakeholders in over a dozen organizations, developed a Program Plan that identified the activities necessary to deploy video services. The comprehensive plan covered the following functional areas:
- Marketing – New Product Development and Sales Channel Readiness
- Network Planning and Engineering – Video Network, Long Haul/Medium Haul Network and Passive Optical Network (PON)
- Operations – Network Operations Center, Field Readiness, Tier 1/2, STB Warehousing & Logistics, Equipment Repair Service
- and Workforce Development
- IT/Systems – Ordering, Provisioning, Maintenance, Billing, and STB Software
The plan developed by BusinessOne became the Plan Of Record and was used to manage the various activities leading up to the implementation of Triple Play services. The plan provided the roadmap for executive management to launch fiber based triple play services in record time.